Kalpulli Teocalli Ollin
East - Direction of New Life/Beginnings, Season: Spring, Element: Air/Wind, Color: Gold/Yellow/White, Aztec God: Quetzalcoatl; the Feather plumed serpent, Direction of Tata Dios/El Sol/ Tonatiuh/Sun
Other East Connections: Guardian Archangel: Raphael, animals that herald in the spring such as the robin, waxing moon, creativity, inspiration, clarity of vision, youth. The eagle is a common totem for the east. Some traditions have the altar facing in this direction because it is the place of new beginnings and vision.
At this time of year the wind (Ehecatl) is an ever-present force, sometimes gale force, sometimes just a strong breeze. It is the Vientos de Cuaresma; the Lenten Winds. As the wind howls around the corners of our homes, fills our eyes with grit and makes visibility a challenge on the freeways, many people hate the wind. They are impatient with it; they feel irritable, annoyed, unsettled, and distracted. I am one of those people. I have always had a struggle to tolerate the wind. Must be my Eagle wings struggling to fly. (SMILES).
I share an easy ceremony/exercise to connect with the Wind and the East Direction. Experience it as a limpia, a spiritual cleansing/clearing your energy, your body, your aura. Enjoy!
AIR PURIFICATION from the book Magic Mystery and Medicine by Kristin Madden
"You don't need to stand outside in gale-force winds (but you may) ...even a gentle breeze can encourage blocked energy to move, concerns to be released, and tensions to be tickled away."
* Simply stand outside facing the wind and the East Direction, arms out and legs spread hip-width apart. If you can, do this in bare feet and shorts or a short-sleeved shirt.
* Feel your connection to the earth. Feel that grounding, strengthening energy filling you as you turn your attention to the wind on your body.
* Let go of your attachments - your job, your studies, and your world. Feel them fly off into the wind and be carried away.
* Feel the wind blast or tickle you as it will. Take a deep breath and release all that you have been holding on to. Open yourself fully to the wind. Let it pull out and off those things that have hidden within you. Turn around or offer the backs of your hands and arms to the wind. Imagine it passing right through you, and see symbols, memories, colors, shadows, and more releasing from you and flying away.
* Allow yourself to express any emotion this brings up for you. Stay in the wind until the emotion is expressed, released, and cleared as well.
* Give thanks to the wind, honor the wind and move forth.
I hope working with this exercise will help you make an ally of the wind, and to make beneficial use of a resource the Universe blesses us with in abundance at this time of year.
Love and Blessings : )
I am Laura Alonzo de Franklin, granddaughter of Casimira Rocha and Melecio Sanchez, daughter of Ascenion Alonzo and Celia Sanchez, life-partner of Michael Franklin and the mother of six amazing sons and the mother of three incredible daughters that have crossed over. In the Latino/Hispanic community, I am given the title of Maestra Curandera; in the Lipan Apache path, I am seen as a medicine woman and in the Western Model of healing, I am a Clincial Social Worker. I have been initiated in the Mexhika tradition as Cuauhtli Cihuatl (Eagle Woman) and in the Nde Lipan Apache (Hleh-pai ndé) tradition as Itsa Isdzán (Eagle Woman). Both paths, connect me to The Eagle: carrier of prayers, courage, wisdom, a special connection to the creator, protector, the sky spirit, and a symbol associated with visions & spirits. I carry the sacred staff, the sacred, pipe, the sacred saumerio and the feathers of my winged brothers. I thank Creator and my Abueltia for their permission and blessing in carrying this medicine to ALL that seek it without restritction, without judgment and for it to be inclusive of all faiths, colors, race, genders and backgrounds to walk with dignity, grace and respect. OMETEOTL.
KALPULLI TEOCALLI OLLIN
Kalpulli Teocalli Ollin is the direct legacy of Casimira Rocha y Sanchez and her ancestors. They are dedicated to sharing the wisdom with respect and integrity to all whom seek it. They are a group of men, women, and families who are affirming, reconnecting, and remembering the traditional ancestral methods in which people empower their own healing. Through reaffirming ancestral beliefs of the healing process, we affirm the holistic treatment of the spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical bodies. Through reconnecting to our Mother Earth and Father Sky we reconnect to one another by honoring and respecting all life: animal, mineral and plant, so our equilibrium in this universe may be restored. Through remembering that we are conduits of higher sources of cosmic energy, we have faith in the ancestral methods of our abuelitas and abuelitos in relearning how to heal ourselves, each other, and our communities, by sharing this medicine with our present and future generations.
Visit on Facebook or Visit Website